Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Letter to My Favorite Story Book Characters


Here's a reminder to slip in the back pocket of your mind, to be rediscovered when you think you've got nothing left:

You are the most exquisite you there has ever been- don't deny yourself to the world.

All your foibles will end in beauty. I've read the end. Take respite in that. Enjoy your every sunkissed-or-shreakingly-cold breath knowing that everything will be as it should be.

You will find love. I promise. You will love and be loved, and you will feel it in the pit of your belly. It will make you feel sick sometimes, but sometimes it will be in a good way.

You are lost now. You will be found and lost again many times. Your confused and tear-streaked wanderings will lead you places you never would have sought out, had things gone according to plan.

4 comments:

  1. did you really write this? or is it a quote? if you wrote this, how do you know this at age 23? Which incarnation are you on? # google to the third? How do I love thee, let me count the ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask the same thing... Did you write this? It's sumptuous. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I love it! Only, I wish you had written it for me. I could use a letter like this, I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica,
    You know, I felt the same way. But I was thinking that maybe these would be good things to take to heart for myself. Because I feel like it's got to be true for everyone, right? In a way... Or maybe we just have to hope that it'll be true. Maybe it's the hope that helps us keep going, or that makes our experiences into what we hope they will be. Anyway, consider it readdressed! I certainly don't know your future, but I trust that it will be brilliant! xoxo

    ReplyDelete