Sunday, December 27, 2009

A couple of quick notes while en route to Iceland:

I am the only female in the entire Amsterdam airport who is not wearing super-cute leather boots. Even the little Nordic girls have them. They also seem very self confident, intelligent, and like they have a good handle on career paths, sharing, and the like. Unfortunately for me, In addition to my current bootless state, my fleece jacket is covered in disgusting red fuzz and maverick strands of hair. How unfortunate, think passers-by as they walk past. Storm ji was right about her...

Also, my new favorite thing: packing suitcases! Packing, re-packing, struggling with zippers until I rise triumphant, sweaty, and (as usual) covered in fuzz, re-packing just for the heck of it, and finding out that there was no point, and that I'll have to do it all over again, the way it was before. I love it. LOVE IT.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. My whole time in Europe I was lusting over the beautiful leather boots around me... As I was wearing lace up sneakers.

    I wanted to buy some, but I worried that I could never look as cute as the girls who were wearing them so effortlessly.

    Anyway, I feel your pain. Also on the packing thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. o.k. here's the thing about those cute little Nordic girls.
    1. They don't have a sense of humor
    2. They make their mothers defuzz them (did you look at their mothers??? They look wretched, tired, utterly worn out AND full of fuzz).

    The Nordic girls are bitches-you know what I mean-they may smile and have an excellent career path ahead of them but they aren't really nice. Stay away from them, boots or not!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. boots! alack and alas. I lack a pair as well, so it's OK. you are way cooler than the others! have fun in iceland! we'll be there soon :)

    ReplyDelete