Monday, December 21, 2009

Title on Request

Downer: Bummer, a sequel

or

How much do you think this elephant bag will cost me?

or

Lies, Lies

or

I'm sorry, did you say 300 rupees?

or

But I've already paid!

or

It's very nice, except for the cockroaches.

or

Did you say “silk coasters”?

or

No, I won't give you money for your starving baby because you probably mangled it yourself and look, it's high on dope!

or

Oh, golly, it's been fun, but I've got to go.

or

YES madame!

or

He's an asshole, just like me. You'd like him!

or

Where have all the flowers gone?

or

Sorry, did you need something? Because when you made that kissing noise, I thought maybe you needed something...No? OK, just checking.

or

Do people here use the finger?

or

Please don't spit on me.

or

I'm sorry, when I ask you a question and you bob your head from side-to-side for both yes and no, I don't know WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME

or

Don't forget to take care of your body, you know, by eating and sleeping...

or

Is this a legit business, or the kind that is not so...legit?

or

Mercy C+

or

It hasn't all been bad, really!

or

What did you do today?

or

No, I don't know where it is, I don't live here. But you are a taxi driver, so please figure it out and berating me in Hindi will not help as I think it's quite apparent that I have no idea what you're saying.

or

Did you know that the symbol on your bag is the same one used by a right-wing nationalist group in the area that is trying to kick all the immigrants out of Bombay?

or

Sorry, I just woke up.

or

Where are you again?

or

I have no idea.

or

Is it seven candles plus the Shamesh, or is it eight?

or

Wait, what did you say?

or

Get your “Oh, no, I don't think I'd like any of this for dinner” face ready to use in place of “Oh my gosh, is that per person?” face.

or

Are you ready to come home? Well, I don't know...

1 comment:

  1. Could be a day in Bombay, or a day in Berkeley. Whatever it is we miss you.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete