Monday, November 2, 2009

Risk Assessment


We were asked to compile a document entitled "Risk Assessment" in preparation for our independent study projects (I leave for Mussoorie on November 8!). Here it is.

  • I have plenty of warm clothes which exclude danger of discomfort due to cold.

  • I have a cell phone with which I may call SIT staff in case of emergency or severe boredom.

  • I will keep valuables locked up in my room while out and about to prevent loss of valuables.

  • I will keep luggage (including valuables) locked with luggage lock during train trips.

  • I will keep UP TO DATE med kit with me at all times. Really.

  • I will bring the fabulous photo of our group at the Taj Mahal in case I forget that I have friends.

  • I will bring lots of books and movies to provide a non-academic outlet for myself during my project.

  • I will create specific and detailed schedules each day so as to budget my time wisely and avoid nervous breakdown.

  • I will call in (at least) twice a week on the appointed times so as to avoid nervous breakdowns among staff.

  • I will stay in contact via email and Skype so as to avoid nervous breakdowns among parental units.

  • I will avoid stray dogs, spitting camels, and sickly looking swine and avian-creatures.

  • I have budgeted in Rs 2000 in case of a medical emergency.

  • I have budgeted in sufficient funds for food so as to maintain a healthy body, which will in turn facilitate a healthy mind.

  • I will write (for ISP and otherwise) every day to keep in flow of work and maintain mental health.

  • I will photograph (for ISP and otherwise) every day to keep in flow of work and maintain mental health.

  • I will allow for sufficient time in internet cafes to email and Skype friends and family so as to avoid overwhelming loneliness.

  • I will try to move my body every day so as to avoid turning into oatmeal (i.e. cold, gelatinous, lumpy).

  • I will stay in communication with Stormji and my advisor so as to stay on track with my ISP.

1 comment:

  1. A most auspicious assesment of risk-especially the risk of parental unit nervous breakdown.

    ReplyDelete