Friday, November 27, 2009

Things I'm (Pretty) Sure About


India's economy (see recent astronomical growth) is based around the manufacturing of faulty waterbottles and thermoses. Try and get tone that doesn't leak. I dare you.

Chai is the cure to lonesomeness.

Friends are the cure to loneliness.
It's better to reach out than to pretend you don't notice; it might catch someone mid-freefall.

Sleep makes the world look brighter. I promise.
You're not the only one. I promise here too.

Having a special stuffed animal is never a bad thing. Not even if you're 22. Or 34. Etcetera.

Drawing with friends is never a bad thing. (For further elaboration, see point above.)

Beards are fun. REAL fun.

Gelabie is like love- addictive, delicious, so sweet, messy, makes you very sick if you don't partake in moderation.

In India, halting attempts at speaking Hindi are met with smiles and chuckling. In France, halting French is received very differently. Mon dieu. Sub thik hai.

Drink more water!

It is without a doubt God who ordained that samosas and gelabies should go together. A burden and a blessing. Kind of like power.

Daytime soap operas are the same in every country. (Based on limited knowledge. Who's surprised? Reader thinks, "About what? Alex shooting her mouth off, or Alex not knowing much about daytime soaps?" Author responds,"Both." "Oh," says reader, "then neither.")

It's very handy to carry around a roll of toilet paper, not least because it's a good conversation starter.

2 comments:

  1. I second the second.

    And the last one. You never know when you'll need toilet paper. It comes in handy when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad someone agrees with me about the stuffed animals. My darling husband thinks I'm crazy. Two teddy bears, and you're 38? I explain to him that there is plenty of room in our king size bed for him, me, and my two teddy bears. One of which I've had since I was six, and the second which I got from my husband two Mothers Days ago. You marry me, you get the teddies too.

    ReplyDelete