Friday, August 7, 2009

Glow Worm

What is the thesis of this post? What is the point? Around what story, incident, experience, will I stretch the skin of this idea or inspiration or hope or fear so that it becomes a thing to look at and say, huh?

Don't have one. No story which brought me to a place of clarity, or even a place of confusion which led me to the clarity of holding a question that I could not answer. I mean, except for the time when I was walking in downtown SF, in a dress and leggings, my habitually and brazenly hairy lower calves hanging out and a guy with an accent I couldn't quite place says

Hey. You know what? Your legs are really driving me crazy. It is great that you do that.
Yeah, I responded, and went to take a shower. Twice.

That's not the story though. Because I don't have one. Not really.

But there is this thing. It's not an image exactly, but what if we, we humans, are all glowing? What if we are all little glowing beings, sometimes little worms who wrap ourselves up in our cocoons, but even then our glow shows though, very soft. What if we all emanate light, all walking around passing each other, maybe sharing the obligatory smile or averting our eyes towards the ground. What if we are all just little glowing beings, glowing together in our solitude and in our smallness, all of us glowing.

1 comment:

  1. those are the best.
    thinking pictures...
    now i have a nice picture in my head to contemplte

    ReplyDelete