Saturday, August 29, 2009

One, Two, Three...

...gasp...

Freefalling, my hands feel the need to waive wildly, trying to balance my body in the middle of...

...thudpsssshhhhaaaa silence...

The silence, though, isn't quite silence. It's the sound of fullness, groaning, creaking, but more than that, of suspension- the hisssss and gurgle of this alternate universe. Seeing is transformed, and all just...

...floats...

++++++

Are you packed yet?
I'm getting there?

Are you bringing much?
No, but it's still more than I'd like to bring.

How long will you be away?
About four and a half months.

What's the weather like there?
It'll be hot when I get there and cool when I leave.

Are you excited?
Oh yeah...

Also, terrified.

++++++

A: You're going to jump?
S: Yeah.
A: Well, then, I have to jump.
S: I'm just going to jump from up there.
A: I have to go way up there.
S: Why?
A: I don't know...

One, two, three...

(JUMP!)

2 comments:

  1. Where are you jumping to? I'm sure you'll land on your feet. Most of the time the fall looks longer than it really is.

    I've got a few big jumps in the near future as well . . .

    ReplyDelete