Sunday, August 16, 2009

Insert Foot Here -->

A: I wonder if he's into me...We've been dancing together a lot, but he hasn't put the moves on. What's he waiting for?!? You know what, I don't have time for this! If he likes me, I want to know. If he doesn't, I should probably stop harassing him. DO IT! Hey, I've got a question for you.
D: What?
A: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (quietly) Do you have any interest in kissing me?
D: What?
A: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH cont. (louder) Do you have any interest in kissing me?
D: Um (crazed look in eyes), well, I'm leaving tomorrow... ( 'A' expects more) The thought had crossed my mind, but, you know...I'm leaving tomorrow...
A: Oh, yeah, I know. No worries. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHH
(awkwardness ensues)



There's this funny thing about communication- it doesn't exist unless you make it so. There is no mind-reading, no intuitive certainty. Words unspoken remain imaginary.

1 comment:

  1. hmm. strange but true that there is no such thing as mind-reading.
    ahhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete